Below is a listing of planned Club projects/work parties. These projects can be used towards the new members work obligations. Participants must coordinate with respective activity coordinator prior to event. Interested persons can contact the coordinator at the regular club meetings, which are held at 7:30pm in the main club house on every second Friday of each month.
Stocking & Project List
Woodbury Field and Stream Club, Inc.
McVeigh Bird Stockings
MCVEIGH Property Bird Hunting
WOODBURY FIELD & STREAM CLUB, Inc
ALL OTHER MARCH DATES ARE OPEN AT THIS TIME
BE ADVISED – STOCKING DATES AND STOCKING TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON VOLUNTEERS HELPING TO STOCK BIRDS
WOODBURY FIELD & STREAM
Small Game Hunting Procedures for
Hunting Stocked Birds on the McVeigh Property
1. For the purpose of hunting small game (stocked birds, woodcock, rabbits, squirrels) will there be
NO more than 15 Members permitted to hunt on the McVeigh Property, including non-stocking days.
2. The “Chairman, Vice Chairman or the Chairman’s Designee” of the Game Committee, shall have total
discretion on site, should safety issues develop.
3. There will be one slot reserved for the Committee Chairman or his designee who will oversee stocking and
The remaining slots will be filled on a first come first served basis.
MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT TO BE SIGNED IN
You cannot sign-in early or be signed-in to reserve a slot, or leave and then come back at starting time.
4. All Small Game Hunters will Sign-in in the Sign-In Book located in the shed. Only members can hunt on Club
property. (No Guests for any reason regardless of age or family status.)
5. On all Small Game Hunting days upon signing in take a tag from the tag board in the shed that corresponds
to your sign-in number and hang it from the rearview mirror of the vehicle you came in.
6. Members shall sign-out and return their tag upon returning to the parking lot and upon signing out shall
log-in their game harvested.
7. Members that arrive after all 15 slots have been filled, will have to wait until a member signs out.
8. On stock days the only Non-Hunter Members permitted on the property are those assisting a Jr. Member
and do not count as one of the 15 hunters. Non-Hunters shall sign-in and they shall take a NH (Non Hunter)
tag and under Tag No log in NH and the Jr. Members Tag No. Example NH/5
9. A maximum of 3 hunters may hunt in the same group. There must be one adult member present for
every junior member hunting stocked birds and only one junior member may hunt in the same group
with a maximum of 3 members per group including a non-hunter.
10. Once a Member has bagged his/her limit of birds they MUST leash their dogs and leave unless they are
hunting with someone else. Dogs shall also be leashed while in the parking lot.
11. Training dogs on club released birds is prohibited. There will be no dog training on weekends or any
stocking day. If you want to train your dog on birds you must purchase your own birds and may do so
during the week.
12. No Member will be permitted to drive past the parking lot unless they are a part of the stocking
contingent that day.
13. Any member including the Committee Chairman or any other Committee Member who hunts between
9:00 AM and 11:00 AM on the first stocking day of the weekend may not hunt on the second stocking
day (even if there are open slots) before 11:00 AM, and as specified above.
14. WEEKEND BAG LIMIT 2 PHEASANTS OR 3 CHUKARS. UPON REACHING THE WEEKEND BAG LIMIT YOU
ARE FINISHED HUNTING FOR THE WEEKEND.
15. In the event that you harvest any left over Pheasants when Chukars are stocked the Pheasants will
count towards your 3 Chukar limit for the weekend.
16. UNLESS OTHERWISE POSTED HUNTING TIMES FOR HUNTING STOCKED BIRDS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
Saturday & Sunday 9 a.m. to Sunset Monday - Friday 8 a.m.to Sunset
November / Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Two stocking in the same day:
9 a.m. to 12 Noon & 1 p.m. to Sunset
No Hunting Will Begin Until All Stocking Team Members Have Returned
From Stocking And A Committee Member Has Given Approval To Start Hunting.
NOTE: Stocking day time subject to change. Cancellations and delayed stockings will be sent via email to
those that provided their email address, and will generally be posted on the Club’s website.
THE MCVEIGH PROPERTY WILL BE CLOSED TO SMALL GAME HUNTING WITH DOGS FROM THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE RIFLE DEER SEASON THROUGH THE LAST DAY OF THE RIFLE DEER SEASON.
Safety Precautions and Reminders to WFSC, Inc. Members
1. For safety purposes the Club recommends the wearing of BLAZE ORANGE clothing.
2. Respect the areas marked “NO SHOOTING ZONE” or “SAFETY ZONE” these will be STRICTLY ENFORCED.
DO NOT GO OFF THE ROAD AND ENTER A SAFETY ZONE, THE NEIGHBORS MAY THINK THAT YOU ARE
3. NO FIREARMS ARE TO BE LOADED IN THE PARKING LOT OR CARRIED LOADED WHEN WALKING IN WITH
THE GROUP AT STARTING TIME. ACTIONS SHALL BE KEPT OPEN. FIREARMS MAY ONLY BE LOADED
WHEN YOU BREAK AWAY FROM THE GROUP TO START HUNTING. ACTIONS SHOULD BE OPEN WHEN IN
GROUPS AND NOT ACTUALLY HUNTING. ALWAYS THINK SAFETY- SAFETY- SAFETY FIRST!!!!
4. There will be NO SHOOTING of STOCKED BIRDS on the ground. Birds should be at least 12 feet off the
ground to ensure that you are not shooting at the level of another hunter. There will be no ground
shooting of any small game on stock days this includes crippled Pheasants or Chukars.